The established and improved defense spending on modernization and upgradation of the fleet with the latest technology across major countries like the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, India, China, Japan, and others are expected to create opportunities for UAV propulsion system manufacturers.
BIS Research, the global leader in providing market intelligence on deep technologies, has released its latest study titled UAV Propulsion System Market – A Global and Regional Analysis.
According to this study, the global unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) propulsion system market was valued at $8.36 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach $10.76 billion by 2033.
The following factors are responsible for the increase in demand for UAV propulsion system:
- Rising procurement of unmanned aerial vehicles by defense forces
- Growing focus of manufacturers on lightweight and fuel-efficient drone engines
The detailed study is a compilation of 281 market data tables and 25 figures spread through 309 pages.
Check out the detailed table of content here:
Analyst’s Take on the Market Projection
According to Arunkumar Sampath Kumar, Principal Analyst, BIS Research, “The deployment of unmanned aerial systems is growing across various applications. Owing to the growing need for long-duration and long-distance missions, drones with IC engines are being preferred over the ones with electric propulsion. This is also driving the migration of drone platforms to IC engines from existing electric-based propulsion systems. The need for IC engines for drone platforms is growing as a consequence. With many types of drones being developed for different use cases, the demand for electric and IC engine-based propulsion capabilities will grow moving forward. The drone manufacturers will remain critical in deciding which platforms are available across electric and IC engine variants.”
Request a FREE sample of this report here:
Volume of Mini UAVs to Grow Exponentially Between 2023 and 2033
According to the research conducted by BIS, the mini-UAVs segment is expected to be the leading type in the market. The segment accommodated over 36000 units in 2022 and is expected to continue to see exponential growth during the 2023-2033 forecast period.
Additionally, the mini-UAV segment is also expected to be the leading type in terms of market value.
The mini-UAVs are insect-like UAVs with flapping or rotary wings with their mass ranging from 2 to 30 lbs. They operate locally and can be flown at an altitude ranging between 100 ft to 10,000 ft. Mini UAVs can typically be operated for several hours and have a maximum speed of 30-90 knots. They are extremely small, very lightweight, and can be used for spying and biological warfare.
Major Existing Industry Leaders in the UAV Propulsion System Market
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on input gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration. Some of the established names in the market are:
- 3W International GmbH
- BRP-Rotax GmbH & Co KG
- Diamond Aircraft Industries (Austro Engine)
- Gemini Diesel (Superior Aviation Group)
- HIRTH ENGINES GMBH
- Rotron Power Ltd.
- Suter Industries AG
- UAV Engines Ltd.
- Advanced Innovative Engineering Ltd.
- Pratt & Whitney Inc. (Part of Raytheon Technologies)
- Avio Aero (GE Aviation)
- Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC
- PBS India (Part of PBS Aerospace)
- UAV Turbines Inc. (Subsidiary of Locust USA Inc.)
Recent Developments in the Global UAV Propulsion System Market
- In November 2022, PBS INDIA announced its plans to launch the PBS TJ200 turbojet engine in 2023. The company stated that this turbojet engine PBS TJ200 is currently in the last stage of development and is designed primarily as a propulsion unit for modern UAV and UCAV systems. It is a compact engine of a simple design, fuel lubricated, equipped with a BLDC starter-generator, electric metering fuel pump, and electronic control system of FADEC type.
- In October 2022, BRP-Rotax GmbH & Co KG stated that it had suspended the delivery of aircraft engines to “countries with unclear usage” in the wake of reports that some of those engines are being used on Turkish combat drones deployed by Azerbaijan in fighting against Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh. It has further been stated that Rotax aircraft engines are produced, designed, and certified for civil use only by the applicable civil regulatory authority.
- In July 2022, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI) tested a PT6 E-Series model turboprop engine from Pratt & Whitney Canada on GA-ASI’s MQ-9B Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA). Multiple full-power engine tests were performed at GA-ASI’s Desert Horizon flight operations facility in El Mirage, California, on July 29, 2022.
- In April 2022, Suter Industries announced that their Suter TOA288 24hp UAV engine was selected by Volansi to provide propulsion for their VOLY M20 and VOLY 50 Series Vertical Take-off and Landing (VTOL) drones.
Want to learn more about the latest trends in aircraft & drones industry? Speak to our analysts
Exclusive DeepTech MAP™ Analysis for Aerospace by BIS Research:
Global Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Market
Global Military Unmanned Aircraft Systems Market
About BIS Research:
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on deep technology and related emerging trends which can disrupt the market dynamics in the near future. We publish more than 200 market intelligence studies annually that focus on several deep technology verticals.
Our strategic market analysis emphasizes on market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
BIS Research offers syndicate as well as custom studies and expert consultations to firms, providing them with specific and actionable insights on novel technology markets, business models, and competitive landscapes.
Head of Marketing
BIS Research Inc.
39111 PASEO PADRE PKWY STE 313,
FREMONT CA 94538-1686
Visit our Blog @ https://bisresearch.com/news
Get Expert Insights @ https://community.insightmonk.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn @ https://www.linkedin.com/company/bis-research
Connect with us on Twitter@ https://twitter.com/BISResearch