- CNS Pharmaceuticals, a Texas-based cancer drug developer, is advancing testing efforts for its lead drug candidates in the fight against glioblastoma (“GBM”) and other tumors
- Glioblastoma is an aggressive brain cancer that claims the lives of more than 10,000 Americans each year, with more victims worldwide, and it has no known cure
- CNS Pharmaceuticals’ efforts rely on establishing the safety and effectiveness of its lead candidate, Berubicin
- Berubicin is an anthracycline (chemotherapy agent) with the apparent ability to cross the blood-brain barrier to attack central nervous system tumors, which grants it a unique status among anthracyclines
- CNS has shown evidence of slowing disease progression among GBM patients and in some instances even shrinking tumor size, and is currently enrolling volunteers in a trial that compares Berubicin against chemotherapeutic agent Lomustine
Bit by bit, medical researchers have been improving treatment options for an aggressive, incurable brain cancer that kills an estimated 10,000-plus people in the United States each year, and more worldwide.
Glioblastoma (“GBM”) is generally treated with radiochemotherapy and surgical tumor removal once the cancer is discovered, usually after the sudden onset of headaches and nausea. But eventually, nearly every tumor returns after the initial course of treatment, and the recurrent cancers are increasingly difficult to…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to CNSP are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/CNSP
BioMedWire (BMW) is a bio-med news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to millions of social media followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with BMW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, BMW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BMW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. BMW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from BioMedWire, text “Biotech” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.BioMedWire.com
BioMedWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.