- CNS Pharmaceuticals is undertaking a Berubicin clinical development program targeting glioblastoma multiforme (“GBM”), the most common and devastating primary malignant brain tumor
- GBM has an incidence rate of 3.21 per 100,000 in the U.S. and up to 5 per 100,000 globally, with studies noting that the latter figure is rising
- CNS recently received approval for a protocol amendment as part of its potentially pivotal study evaluating the efficacy and safety of Berubicin for the treatment of GBM
- The amendment expands eligibility for its potentially pivotal study to patients who have received additional treatments as part of the first-line therapy
- CNS is looking to expand the scope and outreach to patients for the multicenter trial by opening clinical sites globally
Biopharmaceutical company CNS Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CNSP) recently marked an important milestone in its pursuit of novel treatments for primary and metastatic cancers in the brain and central nervous system, one of which is glioblastoma multiforme (“GBM”), an area of significant unmet medical need. CNS is currently recruiting patients for a potentially pivotal Phase II study evaluating the efficacy and safety of Berubicin, its lead drug candidate for treating GBM. The open-label, multicenter, randomized, parallel study, which commenced in Spring 2021 with an estimated primary completion date of Fall 2024, is expected to have an enrollment of more than 200 adult patients.
With a median survival from initial diagnosis of less than 15 months and a 2-year survival rate of 26-33%, GBM is the most common and devastating primary malignant brain tumor affecting adults. In the United States, GBM has an average annual age-adjusted incidence rate of 3.21 per 100,000 population, based…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to CNSP are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/CNSP
BioMedWire (BMW) is a bio-med news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to nearly 2 million followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with BMW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, BMW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BMW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. BMW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from BioMedWire, text “Biotech” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.BioMedWire.com
BioMedWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.