Comcast today announced the company completed the initial phase of its expansion to bring its smart, fast and reliable fiber-rich network to nearly 200 homes and businesses in Eagle Creek and Estacada, Oregon including residential broadband speeds faster than 1 gigabit per second (Gbps) and businesses speeds up to 100 Gbps. Additional locations will be connected to Comcast’s network and full suite of services as construction continues through February 2024.
“High-speed Internet access increases job and population growth, sparks higher rates of new business formation and home values, and lowers unemployment rates,” said Rodrigo Lopez, Senior Regional Vice President of Comcast’s Pacific Northwest Region. “That is why Comcast is committed to expanding its existing network to residents, businesses and communities in Oregon that currently do not have access to reliable, high-speed internet.”
Comcast began construction in March and expects to extend its network to approximately 1,700 homes and businesses this year with the potential to add more locations next year. Once construction is complete, all of these homes will have access to to all Xfinity Internet service offerings with speeds faster than 1 Gig and advanced WiFi technology from powerful gateways capable of delivering reliable and consistent connections for real-time activities like gaming, live streaming, and video conferencing with ultra-low lag.
Residents will also have access to Flex, a solution to help users search less and watch more with a voice-controlled 4K streaming TV box, putting everyone’s favorite streaming apps all in one place, the award-winning Xfinity X1 video platform, Xfinity Home, Comcast’s professionally installed home security solution, and Xfinity Mobile, a top ranked service in customer satisfaction that can save customers hundreds of dollars a year on their mobile bills.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, cybersecurity, managed solutions and Comcast Business Mobile products designed specifically for their employee’s needs. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable and internet provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading providers to larger organizations in the Enterprise market.
“The Estacada Chamber of Commerce is proud to welcome Comcast to our expanding community, providing residents and businesses with another option when selecting their Internet provider,” said a spokesperson for the Chamber. “This expansion, combined with Eagle Creek, makes our area an even more attractive place to work and live, especially meeting the needs of our members today and into the future for reliable and fast broadband network, which is more important than ever.”
The network expansion is the latest example of Comcast’s investment to connect more households and businesses in the Pacific Northwest to its Internet services that deliver fast speeds, more reliability, broader coverage in the home, and greater capacity to support customers’ growing Internet usage. Comcast expanded service to more than 19,000 additional homes and businesses last year in Oregon. Further, the company has invested more than $534 million in technology and infrastructure investments in Oregon during the previous three years, including network expansion and upgrades.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s network and Internet experience are powering homes and businesses today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and symmetrical gig speeds are coming to the first homes this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
Eagle Creek and Estacada residents also will have access to Internet Essentials, the largest and most comprehensive low-cost Internet adoption program for low-income Americans. Comcast proudly participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program, and offers Internet Essentials Plus, a $29.95/month home Internet service that is effectively free for eligible households, once the ACP credit is applied. Interested customers can visit Xfinity.com/ACP or call 1-800-Xfinity to learn more about this program and find out if they qualify.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company. From the connectivity and platforms we provide, to the content and experiences we create, our businesses reach hundreds of millions of customers, viewers, and guests worldwide. We deliver world-class broadband, wireless, and video through Xfinity, Comcast Business, and Sky; produce, distribute, and stream leading entertainment, sports, and news through brands including NBC, Telemundo, Universal, Peacock, and Sky; and bring incredible theme parks and attractions to life through Universal Destinations & Experiences.Contact Details
Andy ColleyCompany Website
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/comcast-completes-initial-phase-of-multi-million-dollar-broadband-expansion-to-nearly-200-homes-and-businesses-in-eagle-creek-and-estacada-oregon-956192063