- Glioblastoma (“GBM”), an aggressive and generally fatal brain cancer, has attracted attention as a significant unmet medical need because of its incurability, claiming the lives of more than 200,000 patients worldwide each year
- CNS Pharmaceuticals is in the middle of a potentially pivotal global Phase 2 clinical trial for its drug candidate, a novel anthracycline called Berubicin that is apparently unique in its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier to target central nervous system tumors
- CNS’s clinical trial sites have begun enrolling patients in the United States, France, Spain and Switzerland, with sites prepared to receive patients in Italy as well
- CNS has received fast-track and orphan drug recognition for Berubicin from the FDA, helping the company to streamline its path to potential commercialization, and CNS is also preparing to apply for orphan drug designation in the European Union
- CEO John Climaco reported on company developments at the Virtual Investor GBM Spotlight Event on April 4
For decades, medical science has sought an effective means of stopping the most common primary brain cancer in adults in its tracks and keeping it from recurring. In spite of multimodal treatment that includes surgical removal, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, glioblastoma tumors remain the deadliest form of brain cancer and are essentially incurable, leaving patients with a median life expectancy of about 15 months.
The field of contenders for solving this unmet medical need is competitive, with experimental clinical research introducing options that range from using magnetically controlled carbon nanotubes in…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to CNSP are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/CNSP
BioMedWire (BMW) is a bio-med news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to millions of social media followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with BMW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, BMW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BMW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. BMW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from BioMedWire, text “Biotech” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.biomedwire.com
BioMedWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.